Do either of these roles seem like a great fit for you, or someone you know? Please send us an email: [email protected]. Please include your resume, a bit about you, and some photos of your work (or a link to any social media accounts!). We can't wait to hear from you!
This is a salaried, full time, year-round position! In this role, you will work alongside our retail floral manager to assist in helping with in-store florals while managing and executing events and a limited number of weddings. We are looking for a candidate with at least 2 years of floral design and event management experience that allows them to step right into a managerial role. Must love bright florals, community, excellent customer service, and being a part of a rapidly growing, fun team.
This role has two main responsibilities: working with our retail floral manager and team, and managing and executing weddings and events. The position requires a mix of managerial skills and creativity. Working in conjunction with the retail floral manager, this person will assist in the day to day buying and production of our in-store floral department. Additionally, this person will manage events from start to finish with our floral team. Our end goal is that the customer, whether they are a retail customer, or event client, leaves with something fresh, fabulous, and aligned with our brand standards.
Floral Manager Responsibilities:
The Floral Director will work closely in conjunction with, and primarily oversee, the retail floral staff. These duties may include:
- Assist with budget and shopping for fresh florals at the flower market and through our online channels
- Coordinate floral deliveries with our Retail Floral Manager
- Continue to innovate and offer florals that reflect the Junebug brand
- Meet weekly with the retail floral staff
- Meet weekly with Director of Operations and/or Owner
- Maintain a strong, professional and friendly relationship with our wholesalers
- Plan, prep, and teach in-store and private floral workshops with our floral team
- Field and respond to all event requests via email or phone within 24 hours
- Meets with potential wedding or event clients, writes and sends event proposals, and manages all communications up until and through the event
- Purchases flowers for weddings and events
- A large portion of this role is floral design - bouquets, vase arrangements, large floral installations, corporate event centerpieces, and personal wedding flowers
- Coordinates with the Head of Operations to staff weddings and events including production, delivery, set up and breakdown
- This is a very floral design heavy role - at least 2 years experience of hands-on floral design in an event studio or high volume retail location
- Comfortable jumping right in with making bouquets, arrangements, and large floral installations
- Experience using all floral mechanics - chicken wire, floral foam, floral tape, gluing, wiring, etc
- Weekend and major holiday availability is a must
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- Self-starter and motivated, but not afraid to ask questions
- Energetic and upbeat to ensure a positive customer and employee experience
- Being a florist is a physically demanding job. Must be comfortable standing for hours at a time, carrying heavy flowers and buckets, and lifting up to 30 pounds.
Competitive salary, 2 weeks paid vacation in addition to other paid holiday breaks, generous employee discount, and a wonderful, supportive team to grow alongside!
Place & Gather and Junebug are both looking for weekend only sales associates. Love being part of your local community? Love cheerful and colorful gifts and decor? Love being part of a team? Sound like something you or someone you know might be interested in? We'd love to connect! Send an email to [email protected] and let us know why you would be a great fit, and don't forget to attach a resume so we can get to know you!
Our ideal candidate must:
- Be reliable, responsible and flexible
- Pay attention to detail
- Energy and be upbeat
- Willingness to assist all customers to ensure they have a shopping experience that delights
- The ability to work long hours on your feet, lift boxes and bend down to pick up product
- Understand that weekends are when the shop is busiest and where we require the most help
- Navigate the constant changing needs of 2 small businesses
- Willingness to understand be able to promote the inventory between both stores, including flowers, plants, and gift items
- Be dedicated to supporting our local community